As the days get longer (and we decide to clock out of work earlier and earlier) we'll undoubtedly be in those day-to-night make up transitions more often than we're used to. Not to mention, our skin is working hard to keep up with ever-changing weather. After more than a year of photo shoots, we at Sweetest Stitch know a few tricks of the trade.
We'll take you behind the scenes of a Sweetest Stitch shoot and share two makeup looks from local makeup artist Shasta Dooms. See how she took one of our beauties from Day to Night:
Five Makeup Tips To Live By This Summer
1. Clean face and moisturize! Both cleaning and moisturizing should be finished right before makeup application. It helps your makeup to go on smoother, last longer and look much more fresh. Don't be afraid to moisturize more than you think you need.
2. Always "tight line," which means putting eyeliner on the inside of the upper lash line. This helps to make eye lashes look fuller. It packs a lot of punch during the day time when you don't want your eye liner to be noticeable.
3. Add darker brown and black eye shadows and liner to take a simple day-time look to night. Change out the lip color to something darker or louder. To polish it off, touch up the blush to breathe new life to your cheeks.
4. Fill in your brows, especially when you're creating a darker palette eye. But whether or not you're going for that smokey eye, filling in your brows will polish off any look.
5. Finally: Highlight! Use your favorite bronzer and highlighters to dab and sweep all the tops points of your face to ensure you finish with a healthy glow.
Take the Look to Night